Killer Provolone-Stuffed Pesto Burgers
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package dry pesto sauce mix
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and more if desired
- 3 kaiser rolls
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 slices red onions
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared basil pesto (in the jar)
- Mix dry pesto mix into hamburger well.
- Shape into 6 THIN patties, (they will be large).
- (Make sure edges are nice, not cracked).
- Top 3 patties with the provolone cheese evenly, in the center.
- Top each with the remaining patties and seal edges well.
- In very small bowl, mix mayo and jarred pesto sauce for spreading later.
- Grill burgers, approximately 12-13 minutes total, turning once, or til burgers are done, over medium-high grill.
- When burgers are just about done, grill buns lightly.
- Spread inside top rolls with pesto mayo, place burgers on bottom roll.
- Top burgers with lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Place top rolls on.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! Former caterer and restaurant owner taking life slower now and just enjoying photographing my food creations and blogging them! Pop on over to my blog to see over 800 of my recipes at Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen @ wildflourskitchen.com !