Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love burgers and this is a nice change. So much flavor that you only need a little mayo.
- 680.38 g ground sirloin
- 59.14 ml basil pesto
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slice provolone cheese
- 6 slice tomatoes
- 1 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 88.74 ml mayonnaise
- 6 onion rolls
- Combine beef, pesto, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly and shape into 6 patties.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness. Top with cheese slices just before burgers finish cooking.
- Serve burgers on onion rolls with the mayonnaise, tomatoes and onion.
This recipe was delicious! I added a tablespoon of soy sauce to the meat mixture and used sliced white onions I had on hand. I eliminated the cheese to reduce the calories, and quite honestly, it wasn't missed in terms of flavor. Definitely a keeper! Thanks KelBel!
Love pesto and really enjoyed the flavor of this recipe. :)
Fabulous tasting burger! I will definitely prepare these again! They were wonderful the way suggested, but would also taste great with sauteed mushroom, onion and pasta sauce. Yum!