Chile Rellenos Burgers
Or Burgers For The Tourist. If you enjoy Mexican flavors you're going to love this.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and halved
- 4 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- sour cream
- Shape beef into four patties.
- Mix chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown patties on both sides.
- Top each with mixed spices and then the onion.
- Reduce heat, cover, cook slowly for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Top each patty with chilies and a slice of cheese.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and ketchup. Place burgers on buns. Serve with the salsa mixture and sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I prepared this last night and it was really good! I opted to grill my burgers. Had to use regular American cheese because that's all I had. Go figure, no one followed the recipe but me. They thought it was weird. It was a bit spicy because of the type of salsa I used along with the chiles...but not to the point of crying about it. I enjoyed all the flavors of this burger. Thank you for the recipe!
Really good burgers! I wanted to cook them on the grill because I needed to grill a chicken breast for another recipe, so I mixed the spices in with the meat. I grilled the onions as well. I had pepper jack cheese, but still used the green chilies and used a few jalapenos as well. Also toasted the buns on the grill. Waited until the last minute to add the cheese and the ketchup/salsa mix was a hit! I can't wait to try them inside.....after reading other reviews about the method I am now intrigued. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
Loved these burgers! The combination of the cumin and chili powder really gave the burgers a great taste and the combo of the ketsup and salsa was wonderful as well. We used pepper-jack cheese so I did not use the green chilies; however, I love them and will use them next time because believe me, there will be a next time. Made for the Everyday is a Holiday tag, December, 2011.