Recipe by **Mandy**
I love pesto so this bread is great, the yeast in the beer helps it rise nice & high. Goes great with a nice big bowl of soup. Feel free to add parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes etc for variation
Top Review by taraatalley
Can't wait to try it, especially since it has no yeast. Sure would like the measurements in american standards though I guess I could look it up. Doesn't it need to rise before baking?
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 375 g warm beer
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour into a bowl. Blend in sugar & salt.
- Add enough beer to make a smooth pliable dough.
- Using floured fingers press out onto a lightly floured surface and spread with pesto.
- Roll up like a swiss roll and place in a greased 10 x 20cm loaf tin.
- Brush lightly with milk & sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 220 C for 30-40 mins or until hollow when tapped.