Willy, a Peruvian friend gave me this recipe verbatim. The cheese sauce for this potato dish is one of the better ones that I have tasted. A Peruvian guest of mine practically drank up the whole sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 boiled potatoes, halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 yellow aji limo chiles or 1 yellow pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 -12 cream crackers or 10 -12 saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup cooking oil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 10 -15 pitted black olives
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 1Place boiled eggs, potatoes and onions on a serving dish.
- 2Blend together in a blender the cream cheese, aji or yellow pepper, garlic, crackers, oil, milk, salt and pepper for 5 minutes until you get a thick mixture.
- 3It should be just thick enough to cover the potatoes.
- 4If the cheese sauce is watery, add half a boiled potato to thicken the sauce a little.
- 5Remove from the blender and pour over the potatoes and eggs.
- 6Top with black olives and lettuce for decoration.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peruvian Papa Huancaina - Willy's Style
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.4 mg
- Sodium 192.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow aji limo chiles