Fried Yuccas (Cassava) With Huancaina Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 yucca root (cassava)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 fresh yellow aji limo chiles, seeded (you may add more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces fresh farmer cheese (ricotta or feta (regular or non-fat)
- vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup milk (non-fat may be used)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Peel and rinse yuccas.
- Cut in 2 or 3 pieces depending on the size.
- Cook yuccas in salted water until soft and tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and cool.
- Cut yuccas in ½ x 2 inches (1.5 x5 cm).
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry yuccas until golden. Season.
- Drain fat in paper towel.
- Yucca sticks can be frozen until ready to use.
- Remove from freezer and place immediately in hot oil until golden and crispy.
- Serve with Huancaína Sauce as an appetizer.
- Huancaína Sauce:.
- Place ají in a blender.
- Pour milk and blend.
- Sauté onion with garlic in oil until cooked.
- Add this mixture to blender together with the cheese.
- While blending add oil until a creamy sauce is obtained.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I absolutely love to prepare food any number of ways but more importantly, I love to eat it! Although I'm a health conscious foodie, I don't mind baking sinful, shameless desserts for the ones I love, or even acquaintances. I have an incredibly wonderful 27 year old daughter who shares my love for food. Other than that, I love my family & friends, teaching, movies, & technology!