Peruvian Papa Huancaina - Willy's Style
- Ready In:
- 10 boiled potatoes, halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 yellow aji limo chiles or 1 yellow pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 -12 cream crackers or 10 -12 saltine crackers
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 10 -15 pitted black olives
- 5 lettuce leaves
- Place boiled eggs, potatoes and onions on a serving dish.
- Blend together in a blender the cream cheese, aji or yellow pepper, garlic, crackers, oil, milk, salt and pepper for 5 minutes until you get a thick mixture.
- It should be just thick enough to cover the potatoes.
- If the cheese sauce is watery, add half a boiled potato to thicken the sauce a little.
- Remove from the blender and pour over the potatoes and eggs.
- Top with black olives and lettuce for decoration.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love trying different kinds of food, playing with flavours. I inherited it from my dad. We used to spend every Sunday, cooking something new. It was like a special day for us to spend time together. Apart from cooking, I also love travelling. My favourite places are Jamaica, and Morocco. Nothing like sitting by the side of the road somewhere, eating Jerk Chicken or a Moroccan Sandwich!