Roasted Cassava (Yuca Asado)
I was looking for a different way to prepare yuca. Yuca is very bland on its own. It is good for fries and added to stews, but I wanted something a little different.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb frozen yucca root (also called yuca and cassava) or 1 lb fresh yucca root (also called yuca and cassava)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, for serving
- In a large pot of salted water, cook yuca until almost tender, about 15 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, cilantro or oregano, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add yuca and toss to coat.
- Arrange yuca in a single layer in a lightly greased baking dish until yuca is tender and starts to brown, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lime juice, toss, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION