Papas a La Huancaína
photo by mariellam
- Ready In:
- 10 medium potatoes (new or red a good choice or Yukon Gold potatoes)
- 1 1 lb Mexican blend cheese or 1 lb feta, work well
- 6 red sweet peppers (use small sweet red and orange Ajies peppers. When using whole ajies, first clean out the seeds)
- 1⁄4 small habanero pepper (clean out the seeds or be careful it is very hot)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 3 hardboiled egg
- black olives
- Boil, peel and cut in slices potatoes (Yukon Gold potatoes).
- In a blender, mix the cheese, peppers, milk, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. The sauce should be fairly thick; add more cheese and olive oil if not, or add milk is too thick.
- Lay a bed of lettuce in a serving dish and place the potatoes on top. Cover with the sauce. Cut the hard boiled eggs in quarters or halfs and place on top of the potatoes. Add black olives if desired.
- This dish can be served slightly cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!