Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
DELICIOUS, easy meat loaves in individual portions
- 3 cups finely chopped yellow onions (three onions)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown. Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and crushed tomatoes. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs, and mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash or the meatloaf will be dense. Divide the mixture into 6 -9 portions (depending on size) and shape each portion into a small loaf on a cookie sheet. Spread about a tablespoon of ketchup on the top of each portion. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the internal temperature is 155 to 160 degrees F and the meat loaves are cooked through. Serve hot.
This was the moistest meatloaf that I have had in a long time.I changed a couple times but pretty much followed the recipe.I first changed the portion for 2-3 people.I used 1/2 cup chicken broth,no tomatoes. I used shallots instead of onions since I grew those in the garden and dehydrated for uses like this.Give this a try and it will turn out very moist.I will give the tomatoes a try next time. Thanks for the post Alexandra #3.