Recipe by ccferne
This recipe came from an e-mail recipe group several years ago and was attributed to a Randy Pollak. I don't know whether Randy posted the recipe or was its source (or both), but I'm very grateful for it.
Top Tweak by Katie S.
I made quite a few tweaks: -Triple recipe (holiday baking!) -Add two eggs (total for the whole tripled batch) -Sub walnuts for pecans (that's just what I had on hand) -Sub 1t orange zest for the extract (again, it's what I had in hand) -Sub 2 parts dried cranberries to 1 part raisins -Baked in mini muffin tins about 15 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. They came out beautifully and smell AMAZING; can't wait til they cool down!
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup persimmon pulp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract or 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Blend oil, pulp, and extract.
- Combine the two mixtures and stir only until thoroughly blended (do not beat).
- Spoon into greased or papered muffin tins (12 regular size or 36 mini/'gem' size).
- Bake in a pre-heated 350-degree oven: 25 minutes for regular muffins; 12 minutes for 'gems'.