Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that I make for my father to take to work with him. All his co-workers love these and have grown to expect them at least once a quarter. They are very moist, perfectly sweet and spicy, and just the right size for a mid morning snack.
- 2 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup apricot nectar
- 1 cup pastry flour (this can be substituted with all-purpose, but be more gentle while stirring so as not to create to m)
- 1 3⁄4-2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup ground pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line mini muffin pan with paper (or foil) liners.
- For Muffin Batter:.
- Sift together both flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla with whisk attachment on stand-up mixer on medium for 2 minutes or until pale yellow.
- Add pumpkin, veg oil, and nectar and whisk on low until just combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients until just combined. Set aside.
- For Strudel Topping:.
- Combined first four ingredients.
- Cut in the butter with pastry cutter or fingers until crumby.
- For Muffins:.
- Fill lined mini muffin tins 3/4 to the top with batter then fill to the top with strudel topping.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and EAT!