Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is yummy even for people who say they don't like prunes, or should I say 21st century term...dried plums!
- 1 cup prune, pitted and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup coconut
- In a saucepan, combine the first four ingredients; simmer 15 minutes and set aside.
- Sift flour and salt; add brown sugar, cut in butter; add oats and coconut.
- Spread half of dry mixture in 8" square pan; spoon prune mixture over top; spread remaining dry mixture over two layers.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
This is yummy! I diced my prunes up, so that they would be spread more evenly across the dish. Also, I am reviewing this while it is still warm, because I just couldn't wait to try it. I could tell that there were prunes in it, but I like prunes. Tomorrow I'll be able to tell what they are like when they are hard, not warm and chewy. But they are delicious warm and chewy! Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR Tag!