Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of cake mix; set aside.
- Combine remaining cake mix with melted butter and 1 egg.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Press in bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine the reserved cake mix with brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 3 eggs.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour over baked crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- Return to oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Simple and good. I have already had to give the recipe out. There are all kinds of variations that can be made. Thanks