Recipe by CafeAronzo
Quick, delicious, healthy and filling. All the things I look for in a bowl of oatmeal. (Dessert oatmeal tip: Add 1 tsp. cocoa powder, 1 tsp milk and cover with 1 tbsp raisins, chocolate chips or almonds) Recipe can also be prepared dry ahead of time and stored in sandwich bags.
Top Review by lauralie41
DH just made this oatmeal and enjoyed it. I didnt have plain instant oatmeal so he used Quaker Instant Oatmeal Weight Control Maple and Brown Sugar. Instead of the Splenda brown sugar DH used 1 tablespoon of regular brown sugr. He isnt a fan of cinnamon so 1/4 teaspoon for him. Omitted the nutmeg and only added a pinch or two of kosher salt. Missed putting the water in the microwave to boil first so the oatmeal took about 2 minutes to cook. I liked it a lot too and we will definitely be making it again. Thank you CafeAmaimonotsuki for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Spring 2009.
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats (or 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon brown Sugar Twin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup water, boiled (or milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oats, brown sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle with salt.
- Pour cup of boiling water into bowl (I find if the water is already boiling before the microwave stage, it turns out much better).
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir and microwave for another 25-45 seconds (based on how thick you like it).