Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Quick, delicious, healthy and filling. All the things I look for in a bowl of oatmeal. (Dessert oatmeal tip: Add 1 tsp. cocoa powder, 1 tsp milk and cover with 1 tbsp raisins, chocolate chips or almonds) Recipe can also be prepared dry ahead of time and stored in sandwich bags.
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats (or 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon brown Sugar Twin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup water, boiled (or milk)
- Mix oats, brown sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle with salt.
- Pour cup of boiling water into bowl (I find if the water is already boiling before the microwave stage, it turns out much better).
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir and microwave for another 25-45 seconds (based on how thick you like it).
DH just made this oatmeal and enjoyed it. I didnt have plain instant oatmeal so he used Quaker Instant Oatmeal Weight Control Maple and Brown Sugar. Instead of the Splenda brown sugar DH used 1 tablespoon of regular brown sugr. He isnt a fan of cinnamon so 1/4 teaspoon for him. Omitted the nutmeg and only added a pinch or two of kosher salt. Missed putting the water in the microwave to boil first so the oatmeal took about 2 minutes to cook. I liked it a lot too and we will definitely be making it again. Thank you CafeAmaimonotsuki for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Spring 2009.