Microwave Creamy Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal
photo by Engrossed
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream or 1/2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 -2 small apple, peeled and cored and finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more)
- milk or light cream
- Place half and half cream, water, apple juice, chopped apples, rolled oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large microwave-safe bowl stir with a spoon.
- Microwave on high and cook until thickened and bubbly removing one or two times to stir.
- Divide into two bowls.
- Serve hot or warm then topped with milk or light cream and sprinkled with more brown sugar if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow. I never thought that I could ever be impressed by oatmeal 'cause, let's face it, oatmeal is usually just not that impressive. But you have gone and done what I thought was impossible. This was really good. My only complaint is that the apples (I used honeycrisp.) were a bit too sour for me. Then again, I am very sensitive to sourness; so, I wouldn't say that's your fault. The only thing I can think of that might make this taste any better is if the apples were sweetened and cooked before being added to the oatmeal. But then, it probably wouldn't be as healthy. But I might try it sometime anyway. :) Thanks! UPDATE: I made this again today, but I didn't have any apple juice. So, I pureed 1/4 of an apple with the water to make my own juice (for just one serving). Since I am watching what I eat, I used a packet of Splenda and 1/4 teaspoon molasses. And it still tastes great! Neither my husband or I could really even taste the Splenda in it!
see 8 more reviews