Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
It deserves its name-try it and see! I just started making pies for my poor DH who has lived without them the last 10 years! I just couldn't make a pie crust, but found No-Fail Pie Crust to be a lifesaver!!
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 3 cups frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 2⁄3 tablespoons cornstarch (5 tsp)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- Thaw cherries until most of the free ice has disappeared. Drain off the juice; measure and stir it into mixture of sugar, tapioca and cornstarch in saucepan. Heat rapidly until thickening is complete. Boiling is not necessary. Set aside to cool.
- Add cherries and extract to cooled, thickened juice. Pour filling into pastry-lined 9” pie pan. Cut vents and adjust top crust; flute edges.
- Bake in hot oven 425ºF for 30 to 35 minutes, or until nicely browned. For a brown undercrust, bake on lowest oven shelf.