Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I made this recipe for the first time this weekend and can't believe how juicy they came out. Although, they are great as is, next time I am going to tweek it a bit and experiment with spicing it up a bit (some Mrs. Dash, garlic and so on).
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Coarsley chop 1 1/2 cups mushrooms.
- Combine beef, chopped mushrooms, onion, and worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Shape mixture into 4 equal 1/4" thick patties.
- Sprinkle pepper evenly on both sides of patties.
- Heat a 12" nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Add patties and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Transfer patties to a serving platter.
- Add broth, water and remaining mushrooms to pan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or mushrooms are tender.
- Pour mushroom mixture over the patties.