Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a spicy appetizer or side dish, and not like the stuffed peppers with rice that is used as a main dish. Adapted from Authentic Greek Recipes blog
- 2 lbs bell peppers (mild long green peppers like Anaheim Chilis)
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb ricotta cheese (or Greek anthotiro cheese)
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (or green Tabasco)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (quartered)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut off the tops of the peppers, and remove the seeds.
- Mix the cheeses and the chili sauce, and stuff the cheese into the peppers.
- Place in an oven dish and salt them. Pour the olive oil over the peppers and place the garlic among them in the dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes.
Delicious recipe. We had them for dinner with lots of salad, and we totally loved them. A lovely main dish on a hot day, but I can also imagine them as an appetizer.<br/>Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Greece for The Apron String Travelers
Scaled this down to 1/2 red bell pepper and it was just right. Nice snack. Made for ZWT#9 2013 by a Hot Stuff team member.
I had a problem with this recipe when I first saw it. To me, one filled bell pepper is not an appetizer but a major side dish or meal then I found a bag at Costco of those small red and orange peppers. Talk about cooking with gas! Filled each one with cheese goop, lined the pan full and away we went. These were such a hit among my last Friday night get together with my friends. Next time, if I had to use regular bell peppers, I might cut them length-wise like little boats, fill them with cheese goop and bake away. I think that might be better as a side dish.