Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this using Turkey Italian sausage and Turkey Pepperoni in hopes of cutting down on the fat. We could not tell the difference in taste between the turkey products and beef or pork. And it is very good and very easy. Serve with Italian bread and green salad. Enjoy
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral shaped pasta (about 3 cups)
- 1 lb Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stovetop, bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan over medium heat, cook the sausage; drain. Add the sausage, spaghetti sauce and mushrooms to the pasta and stir to combine. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and half the pepperoni slices.
- Spread pasta mixture into a lightly greased 9"x13" pan. Top with the mozzarella cheese. Arrange remaining half of pepperoni slices over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
WAY better than mine!!!!!!!!!!!! We LOVED this!!!!!!! I think what made it extra special was the cup of parmesan cheese!!! I was afraid it'd be too much, but NO WAY!! It was GOOD!!!!! VERY GOOD!!! A DEFINATE keeper!!! (I did add some black olives to it, only cuz I had them on hand and wanted to use them up!) GREAT recipe, Thellie! :) Thanks so much!!! :)
Deliscious was enjoyed in my home. I cooked the sausage in my 12 in cast iron skillet then I set up casserole in it and stuck it in the oven. One less dish to wash lol. Thanks for posting.
My Husband and I enjoyed this recipe very much. I used a box of velveeta shells and cheese into of spiral pasta and I also used hot italian sausage and omitted the mushrooms. It was a snap to put together and it turned out looking like a hot bubbly pepperoni pizza. Delicious !! I will be making again and again. Thank you for the recipe !