Thick Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
This makes a ton of food. This is like lasagna without the layers and the work. Serve with salad and garlic bread. Great for a potluck.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (3 ounce) packages sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly brown, drain grease. Mix in the cooked pasta and pasta sauce. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, olives, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon the cheese mixture over the sausage and pasta mixture. Top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more