Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
While I was recovering from surgery, a friend brought this over for dinner for us. We all enjoyed it but the kids really loved it. They bugged me until I got the recipe!
- Brown the ground beef and onion together in frying pan.
- Drain fat.
- Mix the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and beef together and then pour onto cooked noodles.
- Stir well and layer in a greased casserole dish alternating with pepperoni slices and cheese.
- Ending with a cheese layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
My dh said put this on the list...he loves it.Had to substitute with what I had on hand,such as 8 oz. of shells, and 14 oz. jar of pizza sauce instead of tomato sauce and added a 4 oz. can of mushrom pieces. It had plenty of sauce for the noodles. Thanks Marg
Great recipe. I also used what I had on hand. Bow tie pasta, had to make up a quick spagetti sause, shredded cheddar cheese and a little jack cheese instead of mozzarella. Then I found that what I remembered as being pepperoni was really sliced italian salami. Used it anyway. It was a big hit and made a lot for my big eaters. Next time I'll use pepperoni and mozzaraella, it must be heavenly.
I used 2 1/2 lbs of ground beef (next time I will use what recipe calls for). Also maybe next time I will add the mushrooms and bell peppers on 1/2 a side for the adults. Thanks!