1/3 Photos of Peppernut Tea Bread
All the peppery spiciness of the Russian/Eastern European cookie in a quick bread. This recipe appeard in Cooking Light and is being submitted (untried) for the Zaar World Tour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or use just all purpose white)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, divided
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level top for measurement. Combine flours with baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, star anise and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3Combine apple butter, sugar, honey, and eggs. Stir with a whisk until well combined.
- 4Fold wet ingredients into dry along with raisins and 1 tablespoon almonds, combine with whisk or spoon until just incorporated.
- 5Spoon batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle top with 1 tablespoon of almonds. Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppernut Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 218.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground star anise