1/1 Photo of Peppermint Patty Poke Cake
This is a wonderful and rich cake. I made this dessert for my sister's birthday. This is best served cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1Heat oven to 350º. Make cake as with water, eggs and oil as directed on package for 9 x 13 pan (approx. 30 minutes); cool 15 minutes.
- 2Poke top of warm cake every 1/4 inch with handle of wooden spoon. In Medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with wire whisk about 2 minutes.
- 3Immediately pour filling evenly into holes in cake. Cover loosely and refrigerate about 2 hours until chilled.
- 4Place sugar, butter and milk in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Stir until the mixture comes to a boil, 3-4 minutes. Still stirring, let the mixture boil until the sugar dissolves, 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
- 6Stir in chocolate chips, and continue to stir until chocolate has melted. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in peppermint extract.
- 7Pour/spread frosting over cake top while still warm. (frosting will firm as it cools). Chill at leat 30 minutes and store in the refrigerator.
- 8Can be garnished with junior mint candies, crushed peppermint sticks, or mint chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Patty Poke Cake
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.0
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 351.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix