Recipe by Bergy
This is one great hot sauce - easy to make and you can have it as mild or as hot as you want . Great for using up those chili peppers from the garden. Use it on everything and anything. Keeps several weeks in the fridge. This recipe was on the internet and credited to Pepper Joe
Top Review by Arabannie
excellent sauce! dang hot though. i used carrots as i did not have any sweet potato. very simple to make with very tasty results. i left the seeds in the peppers(red jalapenos) and dh said it was perfect heat. will definitely make again.
- 24 hot peppers
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, & sliced (or 4 carrots, peeled & sliced)
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (black will do)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the peppers in boiling water for 1 minute (if you want this sauce milder remove seeds& membrane before blanching the peppers) Put the peppers in your food processor or blender.
- Boil the onion, garlic& sweet potato until fork tender (just cover them with water& bring to a boil, simmer until tender) Toss the onion, garlic& sweet potato into the processor together with all the other ingredients Pulse to start and then puree, cool.
- Place in a jar with a lid, refrigerate.