1/6 Photos of Pepper Beef
This goes together so easily for a quick week day dinner. Flavor combination was just right for us. Cook time does not include the marinade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (feel free to use more)
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steaks or 1 lb tenderloin or 1 lb rib eye steak
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, but into thin strips
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- hot cooked white rice (optional) or Chinese egg noodles (optional)
- 1Combine soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes in medium bowl.
- 2Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices.
- 3Toss beef with soy sauce mixture and marinade for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
- 4Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat until hot.
- 6Add half of beef mixture.
- 7Stir-fry until beef is barely pink in center.
- 9Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- 10Remove and set aside.
- 11Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok and add bell peppers and onion.
- 12Reduce heat to medium.
- 13Stir-fry 6-7 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 14Add stir-fry sauce and wine.
- 15Stir-fry 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 16Return beef along with any accumulated juices to wok and heat through.
- 17Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Beef
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.7
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 549.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: