Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This goes together so easily for a quick week day dinner. Flavor combination was just right for us. Cook time does not include the marinade.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (feel free to use more)
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steaks or 1 lb tenderloin or 1 lb rib eye steak
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, but into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup stir-fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- hot cooked white rice (optional) or Chinese egg noodles (optional)
- Combine soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes in medium bowl.
- Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices.
- Toss beef with soy sauce mixture and marinade for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat until hot.
- Add half of beef mixture.
- Stir-fry until beef is barely pink in center.
- Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok and add bell peppers and onion.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir-fry 6-7 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add stir-fry sauce and wine.
- Stir-fry 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Return beef along with any accumulated juices to wok and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice, if desired.
This was good. I marinated my meat for 4 hours. After that, putting this meal together was fast and easy. I didn't have a bottle of regular stir fry sauce so I used hoisin. Other than that I followed the recipe. I served it over sesame noodles and Crunchy Chinese Cucumber Salad Crunchy Chinese Cucumber Salad for the salad. Thanks Nimz!
Wonderful recipe. I've made this recipe a few times with beef and with chicken and add lots more pepper. When I have guests over they usually clear the plate on this one. Definitely a keeper!
This was amazing! So very easy to make and tasted wonderful! I didn't use the wine as I didn't have any, and it still tasted just fine! We used a top sirloin steak and it cooked up so tender juicy and we served over brown rice. Thanks for the great, easy to follow directions too...we will definitely make this again and again...hubby already asked when we can have it next! Thanks so much for posting!