Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This bread is a great bread for serving with soups.
- 3⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- margarine, for brushing on hot baked bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté onions in margarine till crispy tender.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper and salt.
- To dry ingredients add whipping cream, egg and onions.
- Stir till all dry ingredients are moistened.
- On floured board knead dough about 1 minute.
- Put on cookie sheet and make into a circle about 1/2 inch thick and 8 inches round.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, or till light brown.
- Brush with margarine.
- Serve Hot.