Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on a bed of lettuce, or in a pita or roll. Has a nice creamy yet crunchy texture.
Make and share this Pepped up Egg Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 12 extra large eggs, hard-boiled and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper (or use 1/2 cup green pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (or use 1 1/4 cup of all regular or all light mayo)
- Peel cooled hard-boiled eggs and chop them. Place the chopped eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and stir well. Chill and serve in pitas/rolls or on beds of lettuce.
Five outstanding stars for this little gem of a recipe. As the intro said, this is creamy and delicious and it delivered! I "pepped" up the mixture a wee bit more with the substitution of jalapeno-stuffed green olives for the pimiento-stuffed. I did cut the recipe down considerably as I was only making this for two people. Much of the spices I used the same amount of in the egg mixture though. The ingredients all complement each other well, and I especially love curry powder in my egg salad and tuna sandwiches. This was served on toasted light whole wheat sourdough and can't wait to make it again. Next time, I won't be so lazy and will add fresh parsley to the mixture. Thanks for sharing your very yummy recipe!