Recipe by Sharlene~W
Green beans that are reminiscent of a wilted spinach salad--that same sweet & sour flavor with the bacon and eggs.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
This was a super recipe. I doubled the ingredients, but had to use some Dijon instead of mustard powder. I used ready-cooked bacon for convenience, even though the regular does taste better. This had a great texture and the eggs on top are a nice touch. I served it with some leftover meatloaf parmesan and egg noodles. Roxygirl
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans (Blue Lake Cut)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Drain, crumble and reserve.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings; add onion, and saute until tender.
- Blend in cornstarch, salt and mustard.
- Drain beans, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Stir reserved liquid into skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in sugar and vinegar.
- Add beans; heat until bubbly-hot.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and egg.