Recipe by Potagekempcc
Wheat Penne Pasta with Fresh Garden Vegetables, Shrimp and Sauteed in Chili Oil. Tossed with Fresh Herbs and Asiago-Parmesan Cheese.
- 29.58 ml fine sea salt
- 453.59 g whole wheat penne (al dente)
- 340.19 g fresh broccoli florets
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper (Medium Diced)
- 2 serrano chili peppers (Minced)
- 118.29 ml red onion (Sliced Thin)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 473.18 ml grape tomatoes
- 340.19 g shrimp (P&D 31-41)
- 14.79 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 59.14 ml white zinfandel wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 lemon (Sliced)
- 236.59 ml asiago-parmesan cheese (Shaved)
- 59.14 ml Italian parsley (Chopped)
- 44.37 ml fresh thyme leaves (Chopped)
- 9.85 ml chili-flavored olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4-quarts water to a full boil and add 1-tablespoon fine sea salt. Add penne pasta and cook until al dente about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and hold warm.
- Bring 4-6 quarts water to a full boil and add remaining fine sea salt. Add broccoli florets and blanch for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and hold warm.
- In a large Saute pan heat 3-tablespoons olive oil. Add bell pepper, serrano pepper, red onion, garlic, tomatoes, shrimp and old bay seasoning. Saute 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked.
- Add white Zinfandel wine and reduce by one-half.
- In a large bowl toss pasta, broccoli florets, shrimp, lemon juice, lemon zest, asiago-parmesan cheese, olive oil, chili oil and fresh chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on warm plates and garnish with lemon slices.