Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A quick yet delicious dish of pasta mixed with peas and cherry tomato halves in a simple cheese and cream sauce!
- 150 g penne rigate
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into small squares
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt, to taste
- Pre-cook your pasta, when strained add a splash of olive oil and mix it well to prevent sticking. Cover it and put it aside.
- In a large pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- When oil is heated, add the oregano and garlic, then add the onions and cook them until almost brown.
- Add the prosciutto, peas and tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the contents of the pan to a large bowl. Return the empty pan to the heat.
- Add the milk and margarine to the pan, when it starts to simmer, add the flour and parmesan. Then, still over the heat, using a wire wisk, mix the ingredients uniformly.
- Remove from heat, and immediately pour the sauce and the vegetables over the pasta. Mix well then serve.