Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a dish full of flavor. It happens to be one of my favorite pasta dishes. I chose the penne pasta so the ridges would grab the sauce, which is absolutely delectable… Made up of a truffled cream sauce then tossed with prosciutto, spring peas or fava beans and parmigiano cheese. You will love this dish…
- 453.59 g whole wheat penne
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 354.88 ml heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 118.32 ml truffle butter
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 226.79 g prosciutto, julienned
- 177.44 ml spring peas (I prefer Fava beans, peel the fava beans)
- sea salt
- 14.79 ml white truffle oil
- 236.59 ml fresh spinach
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmigiano
- Cook the pasta al dente. Set aside.
- In a heavy sauce pan sauté the garlic with the olive oil, about 2 minutes then add the spinach, peas and the white wine and reduce 50%.
- Once reduced add the cream, truffle butter, prosciutto, and bring to a simmer.
- Finally add the cooked pasta; turn the heat to high and cook until the pasta is fully coated, shake the pan vigorously to prevent sticking.
- Season to taste with salt, add the truffle oil, fresh basil, and the grated parmigiano, toss.
- You can add fresh ground pepper to top it off if you like. Serve immediately.