Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this by adding a couple of different recipes and adding touches of my own ideas. The whole family loved it! Prep time and cooking time is an estimate. So are the servings. This was kind of a throw together meal that worked!
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, chopped (optional)
- 226.79 g grape tomatoes
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml dried basil or 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 709.77 ml mini penne pasta, uncooked
- water or chicken broth, to cook pasta in
- 177.44 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml favorite Italian dressing, not creamy (I used Northern Italian)
- 10-15 black olives or 59.14 ml sliced black olives
- Marinate chicken in favorite marinade and grill until done. You can leave out the chicken for a great vegetarian meal.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix tomatoes with oil, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 12 minutes in shallow baking pan.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions in water or broth add 1/4 cup white wine.
- Smash cooked tomatoes with back of wooden spoon.
- Chop chicken, if using.
- Drain pasta.
- Mix pasta, tomatoes, chicken and olives together. Add white wine and dressing.
- Serve warm.
Nice and delicate pasta dish! Made super easy by buying already grilled chicken breast from the deli. Went with the fresh basil option. Made 4-6 servings for two of us?it was even better the next day! Will try cooking pasta in chicken broth next time for added flavor.
I made this recipe as directed, EXCEPT, since the chicken is listed as optional, and we had been eating chicken several times recently, I very successfully subbed shrimp for the chicken. I used your Herbed Grape Tomatoes for the tomatoes, and may I say this is a truly delicious and easily prepared pasta dish. Made for Spring PAC 2014
Again a five star recipe. I used left over chicken and was able to create another whole meal that tasted so different from the first meal. That makes the family happy, when leftovers don't taste like left overs. Thanks for the great recipe.