Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hummus makes a very delicious and different pasta salad dressing. This recipe can serve as a filling lunch salad. If the mixture is dry, drizzle some additional olive oil to moisten. Add the pine nuts just before serving. From Diabetic Gourmet magazine and posted for ZWT 6 - GREECE.
- 473.18 ml dry dreamfields penne rigate (or other low carb pasta)
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes or 236.59 ml yellow cherry tomato, cut in half
- 158.51 ml prepared hummus
- 118.29 ml chopped red onion
- 78.07 ml black olives or 78.07 ml green pitted Greek olive, cut in half
- 59.14 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml capers, drained
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml toasted pine nuts
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Gently toss remaining ingredients except pine nuts with pasta. Refrigerate, covered, to chill.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
Wow! We absolutely loved this recipe! The nuttiness of the houmous combined with the perfect amount of lemon to give a tang without being overpowering provide a really refreshing, satisfying dish. I left out the capers and couldn't find pine nuts. We'll be making this often through the warmer months. Thanks for an absolute keeper! Made for ZWT6.