Hummus makes a very delicious and different pasta salad dressing. This recipe can serve as a filling lunch salad. If the mixture is dry, drizzle some additional olive oil to moisten. Add the pine nuts just before serving. From Diabetic Gourmet magazine and posted for ZWT 6 - GREECE.
- 2 cups dry dreamfields penne rigate (or other low carb pasta)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup yellow cherry tomato, cut in half
- 2⁄3 cup prepared hummus
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup black olives or 1⁄3 cup green pitted Greek olive, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Gently toss remaining ingredients except pine nuts with pasta. Refrigerate, covered, to chill.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.