Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mathura is one of the most popular pilgrimage places for the followers of Lord Krishna in India and this sweet dish is very very special out there.
- Add saffron in lukewarm milk and leave aside.
- Combine sugar with khoya, mix and then cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth.
- Add milk in a slow trickle to khoya, stirring continuously and cook till milk is absorbed.
- Repeat the same process till all the milk is used.
- Take off the heat, add rose essence, cardamom powder and chopped pistachio.
- Mix well.
- Now take a little of the mixture and shape it into a round flat peda.
- Make same-sized pedas from the remaining mixture.
- Leave aside to cool thoroughly before serving.