This is one of my favorite Christmas cookie tray recipes. I got this recipe from Goodhousekeeping Magazine many years ago.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup butter until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour and granulated sugar and beat until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl mix brown sugar, vanilla, salt, egg, pecans and remaining 1 tablespoon or butter until filling is blended.
- With floured hands, divide dough into 24 equal pieces (dough will be very soft).
- With floured fingertips, gently press dough pieces evenly onto bottoms and up sides of twenty-four 1 3/4" by 3/4 to 1" ungreased miniature muffin-pan cups.
- I make hundreds of these cookies every Christmas so I use a wooden tart tamper to form the shells.
- Spoon a heaping pecan filling into each cup.
- Bake 30 minutes or until filling is set and edges of crust are golden.
- With tip of knife, gently loosen tassies from muffin-pan cups and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Store tassies in tightly covered container up to 1 week.