Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These can be made the day before and placed in the fridge, or make them any time and freeze them for another day.
- 4 1⁄2-5 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 3⁄4 cup warm milk (105-115 degrees F)
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- For dough: In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Stir in milk, water and margarine until blended. Stir in eggs and enough additional flour (about 2 cups) to make a soft dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes). Cover dough and let rest 10 minutes.
- For glaze: While dough is resting, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and margarine in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture is smooth. Pour into a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle w/ pecans; set aside.
- For filling: Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Roll dough to a 20x12 inch rectangle. Brush dough with melted margarine; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Starting from long side, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Pinch seam to seal. Cut roll into 12 equal slices. Place evenly into pan with glaze in it. Cover tightly. Refrigerate 2 to 24 hours (see step 6 for freezing instructions).
- To bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove pan from fridge. Uncover and let stand 10 minutes before baking. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until tops are brown. Invert onto serving tray. Serve warm or cool completely.
- To freeze before baking; overwrap pan in foil to seal well. Place in freezer. When ready to prepare, first thaw buns in fridge, then proceed as directed in step 5.