Recipe by superblondieno2
It was just a normal December night and I was ravenous from spending a few hours writing a paper. I took a break for dinner and decided to eat at Risley Dining Hall. Cornell University Dining is known for their good food, and risley for their gourmet vegan food, but this was AMAZING! After eating this wonderful dish, I was in heaven, I had to ask for the recipe. The chef was very happy to give it to me. You HAVE to try it.
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur
- 1⁄2 cup barley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice and barley together, in 2 cups of water, simmer for 40 minutes.
- Cook bulgur separately, in 1 cup of water, simmer about 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- While grains are cooking, saute onion in olive oil in frying pan. When grains are cooked, add onion and rest of ingredients to grains and stir thoroughly.
- Garnish with copped parsley and serve.