Prep 25 mins
Cook 18 mins
Recipe is from the Go Bold With Butter website.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or bourbon)
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
For caramel drizzle
- 4 ounces caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, plus more as needed
- To make dough, combine butter and cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until well blended, about 1 minute. Mix in sugars and beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes more. Blend in vanilla extract. With mixer on low speed, mix in pecans, salt and flour just until fully incorporated. Cover bowl and transfer to refrigerator. Chill dough for about 30-60 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, make filling. In medium bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, corn syrup, egg yolk, vanilla and salt. Whisk just until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Scooping about 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll dough into balls. Place dough balls on baking sheets 2-3 inches apart. Use your thumb (or wine cork) to make a small round indentation in the center of each dough ball, about 1 inch in diameter. Fill each indentation with some of pecan filling mixture.
- Bake cookies, rotating pans halfway through, until light golden and set, about 16-18 minutes total. Cool briefly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack set over wax paper or foil. Let cool completely.
- To make caramel drizzle, combine the caramels and heavy cream in small microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until caramels are fully melted and mixture is smooth. If needed, add more cream, 1 teaspoon at a time, mixture reaches drizzling consistency. Drizzle caramel over cooled cookies on wire rack. If caramel begins to harden, microwave for 10 more seconds and stir to rewarm.