photo by Dreamer in Ontario
- Ready In:
3 1/2 dozen
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup apricot jam (I use blackberry jam in place of apricot, 6 T of each kind of jam) or 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam (I use blackberry jam in place of apricot, 6 T of each kind of jam)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar in bowl of an electric mixer.
- Cream using the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour and mix just until incorporated (dough will be soft).
- Roll 2 teaspoons of dough between your hands into a 1-inch ball.
- Repeat, spacing 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- With a floured thumb (or dip thumb in water), make an indentation in the center of each ball of dough.
- Fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon raspberry or apricot jam.
- Bake at 350 degrees F about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown around bottoms.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These taste like nothing with some vanilla added. I used salted butter but it still needs salt and... some flavor. Sorry, I don't leave bad reviews, but this really frustrated me because I spent so long just trying to find a good thumbprint recipe and made a double batch, and after the first tray I am throwing out the rest of the dough.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!