Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is in answer to a request. I found this recipe at the Robin Hood Flour site and it sounds delicious. Haven't tried it personally.
- 1 prepared pie crust (homemade or frozen)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare or thaw pastry according to package directions for one-crust pie.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth; spread evenly in pie shell; sprinkle pecans over cheese layer.
- Beat remaining 3 eggs, corn syrup and brown sugar together well; pour evenly over pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and bake 25-30 minutes longer, or until set and golden; cool before slicing.