Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is easy and healthy! Its a great weeknight recipe to keep on hand!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 egg whites
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml pecans, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml honey
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml shallot, minced
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 0.59 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1892.72 ml mixed arugula or 1892.72 ml radicchio or 1892.72 ml curly endive lettuce or 1892.72 ml romaine lettuce
- 113.39 g mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare chicken breasts by cutting them in half and pounding them out.
- Whisk the egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish mix together pecans, oregano, thyme, paprika, and cayenne.
- Dip the chicken into the egg white mixture and then into the pecan mixture.
- While the chicken is resting, heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat; coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add chicken and saute until brown on both sides.
- Place chicken in baking dish and roast until an instant read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take chicken out and make dressing while it rests.
- Combine the honey, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, shallot, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended.
- Toss the dressing with the mixed greens (you won't need all the dressing). Toss in goat cheese and red onion.
- Arrange greens on 4 plates.
- Slice chicken.
- Arrange chicken on top of greens, sprinkle with any remaining crumbs from the pan.
- Serve with extra dressing on the side!