Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this out of taste of home. Play with the hot sauce if you want more of a kick!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mix onto the bottom of a greased 13 X 9 X 2" baking dish.
- (The crust is going to be crumbly) Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned In a bowl, beat eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 350F for 25-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
This is very, very rich. We enjoyed it, but I think if I do it again I will add more tabasco sauce -- it just seems to need a little something extra. I made it just as it is written. This might be a good make ahead meal though, as I liked it better the second day!
Hi Tish, made your Pecan Chicken casserole for dinner last night...it was totally awesome! I basiclly made it just as the recipe stated, no changes, although i did increase the shredded cheese, and the onions, and I did add minced fresh garlic (gotta have that garlic!), it turned out just wonderful, my DH and son just raved about it, very tasty! We love casseroles at our house.... I had some leftover cooked chicken, and wanted to use it up, this fit the bill perfectly.... it had a wonderful topping, very tasty casserole... thank you Tish for a delicious recipe...I will certainly make this again :-)
I made this for dinner tonight. I thought it was more of a quiche than a casserole. Both my husband and I thought it was okay with extra hot pepper sauce. It was good but "missing" something. I read a reviewer that stated it tasted better tomorrow so I look forward to that. Good but not excellent! I reheated the dish for another meal tonight but unfortunately it didn't do anything for me. I might add that the presentation isn't very appealing...anyways that's my review I won't be making it again.