Recipe by Fisher Nuts
You can only make a rich, sweet irresistible caramel roll even better by adding Fisher Pecan Halves!
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package fast rise yeast
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 (2 ounce) package Fisher Chef's Naturals Pecan Halves, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour and yeast. In saucepan, heat and stir milk, 3 tablespoons butter, granulated sugar and salt just until warm (120°F to 130°F); add to flour mixture along with egg.
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds scraping bowl. Increase speed to medium high; mix until dough is soft and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. If dough is too wet, add a little flour up to ¼ cup. Beat on high speed 3 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface. Knead to make a soft dough that is smooth and elastic; 2 to 3 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes before rolling.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well.
- Roll out dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons softened butter and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Loosely roll dough starting from long side into long tube. Cut tube crosswise into 9 rolls.
- For topping, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and water in small bowl; mix to combine. Spread mixture in lightly greased 8 or 9-inch round baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Place rolls cut-side down in prepared pan 1-inch apart. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; set aside until almost doubled in size; about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Bake 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 1 minute. Loosen and turn out onto serving plate. Cool slightly; serve warm.