- 2⁄3 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (still frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl and with a gentle hand, mix together all ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil. Add some additional panko if the mixture seems wet. Mold into a loaf and place in a standard loaf pan.
- Spread the olive oil over the top of the loaf (this keeps the moisture locked in) and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and the juices run clear. Allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.