Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple, easy and very delicious side dish that will go well with any menu.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweet peas
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Cook peas to package directions and drain.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter.
- Stir in sugar, salt and pepper and peas.
- Cover and cook until heated through.
We liked these as a side to our Easter dinner. I let the onions carmelize before adding the peas and mushrooms with good results! We will have these again!
I am always looking for quick and easy side dishes. My family gets tired of plain steamed vegetables. This turned out very nice. The sweetness from the peas went well with the meaty earthiness of the mushrooms. Thanks, Marie. I'll be making this again.
I made this for Thanksgiving Day. Everyone love it. I had everything on hand. We will be making this over and over. Thank You..Hugs