Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I haven't tried this one yet, but it really looks good. From Great American Home Cooking (Collector's Edition 1998)
- Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt cake pan.
- Place the pears, granulated sugar and pecans in a large bowl; stir well to coat.
- Set aside for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt over the pear mixture.
- Stir in the oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a rack and let cool completely.
- Dust top with confectioners' sugar before serving.