Coconut Pecan Bundt Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons coconut extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, 2 cups sugar, oil and 2 tsp coconut extract; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt, add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk just until moistened.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Spoon into a well greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the water, butter and remaining sugar.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; add remaining extract.
- Slowly pour hot syrup over hot cake.
- Cool in pan for 4 hours before removing to serving plate.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello,I collect old cookbooks,enjoy gardening,traveling and reading.I love to cook and bake!I've thought about opening my own bakery here in TN.That would be so fun!